THE SOUTHERN COUNTIES FOLK FEDERATION
- The SOUTHERN COUNTIES FOLK FEDERATION (SCoFF) is a body of folk organisations in the Southern Counties formed to propagate the folk traditions.
- THE MEMBERSHIP
- ORDINARY MEMBERSHIP Is open to any folk organisation in the Southern Counties.
Ordinary Membership offers the following rights:-
- Involvement in SCoFF policies and events.
- Public Liability Insurance for any event organised in association with SCoFF.
- Inclusion of Diary Dates in Folk-on-Tap (FoT).
- Discounts on advertising rate and purchase of FoT.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP Is open to any individual.
Associate Membership offers the following rights:
- Benefits to be the same as those received by SCoFF ordinary members with the exception of Public
Liability Insurance and FoT benefits.
- The parent organisation to be SCoFF itself.
- THE AIMS of the Federation are:-
- To facilitate economical and efficient advertising of folk events organised by the member organisations.
- To make the booking of guests more viable by means of a circuit booking system.
- To help member organisations by providing support when necessary and to encourage the interchange of performers and information amongst the member organisations.
- To organise joint events whose size or expense would be beyond the scope of most individual organisations.
- To fulfil these aims without affecting the autonomy of the individual organisations within the Federation.
- To enable these AIMS to be achieved, the Federation NEEDS:-
- FUNDS to be raised:
- By an annual subscription on each organisation and Associate Member, payable to the Treasurer by the 30th April. The amount will be reviewed annually at the Armual General Meeting (AGM).
- By organising other fund raising events.
- THE VOTING BODY to consist of two representatives from each of the member organisations and up to two attending Associate Members.
- THE COMMITTEE to be elected by the voting body at least annually or more frequently if required, at the discretion of the voting body. Serving Officers will be limited to a consecutive period of 5 years, with the exception of the Chairman and the Treasurer. Should suitable replacements be unavailable the positions will be extended.
Officers to be elected are:
The Committee is empowered to co-opt persons on to the Committee as and when necessary.
- VICE CHAIRMAN
- 6 MEMBERS without portfolio
- THE QUORUM A minimum of five (5) members from the above list must be present.
- THE MEMBERSHIP YEAR To run from 1 st April to 31 st March.
- THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The AGM will be held in March at a mutually convenient venue.
- THE CONSTITUTION This document may only be amended by a quorate AGM or Extraordinary General Meeting of the Federation.
Back to top page
Submitted by Trevor Gilson